Well, unfortunately our third try at IUI was unsuccessful. And to add to the fun, I am enjoying some wonderful cramps today, which go very nicely with the acne and fever blister on my face. And that's not even considering the hot flashes and feeling (looking) bloated all of the time from the fertility drugs. Jealous yet? :)
Colby and I will be taking the next cycle off, with no fertility treatments. Probably a much needed break, but in the back of my mind I also have that "but what if this was our month?!" feeling. Instead, we will go back to our RE for a consultation about what to try next. Hopefully we can just try some stronger meds and another IUI, because I'm not sure I am ready for IVF. While I am certainly ready to do whatever it takes to have a baby, something about moving to IVF seems so final.... like this is our LAST chance. Anyway, we won't worry about that until we have to.
In the meantime, I am going to take this month of no pills to try and get myself back in shape! Hopefully this weather will be getting nice soon and I can get back into running and drop a few lbs before either a) getting pregnant or b) bathing suit season arrives! I'll let you know how that goes :)
And in my commitment to focusing on the positive things in my life, today, and everyday, I am thankful for my amazing husband. Everyone that knows us knows that Colby and I are very different, and somehow it is what makes us work. I can honestly say that our relationship has gotten better with each passing year (and we've been together for 10!), and I am extremely thankful that the fertility challenges we are dealing with have only brought us closer, as I know that is not the case with many couples in our "situation." Although I like to think I have handled the infertility stuff pretty well and remained pretty positive about stuff, Colb is ALWAYS there to pick me up when I am about to fall.
So thanks babe--for always making me laugh, for staying positive, for being my best friend... for everything. Love you!
Love the new blog look and posts. Meg we will keep you in our prayers!
ReplyDeletethx steph! we are certainly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives!
ReplyDeleteMeg- Your strength and optimism are such an inspiration. I am wishing everyday for the best for you and Colby. Keep your head up!!
ReplyDeleteSending lots of love your way,
Heidi